Why use an integration?
The integration feature makes your life easier. If you are tired of copying and pasting email HTML from Chamaileon (the email builder) to your ESP (the Email Service Provider) then this integration is what you've been waiting for. You can easily sync an email from the Chamaileon dashboard to the ESP's campaign or template screen.
We know: copy-pasting a lot of stuff is quite common in digital marketing, but we are still humans and not copy-paste machines. This article contains some copy-pasting also, sorry for that.
Currently, we have available integrations with:
The most popular that works with a lot of ESP's is the webhook. There is a Zapier webhook for ESP's that work with Zapier and a general webhook you can use for several other ESP's that support a direct webhook integration, like ActiveCampaign. There are also direct, application-specific integrations for other ESP's, like MailChimp.
Choose the Integrations menu option from the workspace menu in the upper-lefthand corner, to the left of your workspace name.
If you aren't familiar with Zapier, check out What is Zapier on their website. Zapier has a free-tier account that will work to sync your Chamaileon emails to your ESP.
Click on "Add" on Zapier.
Now, in order to get the URL, you will need to create a Zap in Zapier.
Make sure to check it it's possible to integrate your Email Service Provider with Zapier.
Here is a video tutorial with the screenshots below.
- In Zapier, click ''Make a Zap''
2. Choose "Webhooks" as the initial trigger step, from "Built-in Apps".
3. Choose "Catch Hook" as the trigger.
4. Copy the custom webhook URL given to you by Zapier.
5. Paste it into Chamaileon.
6. Go back to Zapier and add another step, an action, and choose your ESP — I'll use MailChimp in this example.
7. Click "show less common options" and select "Create Campaign".
8. Connect your Mailchimp account with Zapier.
9. Now you will be able to create your Mailchimp campaign in Zapier.
With the webhooks, you will be able to send the following 6 pieces of information about your email template to your ESP:
- Title of the email/template (Maybe the name of your campaign?)
- Subject line
- Preview text (you always set it up, right?)
- The HTML of the email
- Plain-text version of the email (automatically generated by Chamaileon)
- The JSON format of the email (for developers)
Name your campaign and choose the audience (list) where you want it to be sent.
By clicking on a dropdown, next to the email subject line for example, you can set the subject line from your HTML template created in Chamaileon. The same goes for the preview text.
Set up the From name and From Email Address like you usually do in Mailchimp.
For Email Content, click the dropdown and choose "Email HTML" that is retrieved from the Chamaileon template.
10. Send a test to Mailchimp. and if the test was successful. click Finish.
Campaign created in your Email Service Provider.
Now you can go to your ESP and under Campaigns, choose the list which you choose in Zapier. You will find your test campaign that was created created in Zapier there.
Everything that you set up in Zapier is here, and you just need to ''Schedule'' or click ''Send''.
From now on, when you have an integration set-up already, you can see the Sync to... button on the email's card when you hover your mouse above it. If you have multiple integrations, you first have to choose which one you want to use.
When you attach an email/template to one integration, it remains synced with that, later you need to push the sync button only once and the email syncs automatically.
The email/template may sync to an ESP's folder, list, or campaign directly, so you may have to redo the set-up for them based on how your ESP works.
You'll have to create a separate Zap for each audience you have.
Note: If you wish to use an email/template with multiple integrations, you'll need to duplicate the email and set up every instance of it with the desired integration.
We've created a tutorial video which you can see here with the screenshots below.
Go to ''Integrations'' in the workspace menu and choose Mailchimp.
Name your integration and paste the API key that you copied from your Mailchimp account.
In Mailchimp menu click ''Account'.
Then click on ''Extras'' and then ''API keys''.
Click ''Create a key''.
Copy the generate API key code and paste to Chamaileon in the ''Integerations''.
Test and save your integration.
Go to Chamaileon dashboard and click ''Sync to'' on the email which you want to Sync.
Choose ''Mailchimp integration'' from the list and add the (audience) list name.
Note when using Mailchimp integration:
Never edit the code in Mailchimp, because your editor will mess up the code and will double or even triple the size causing issues in Gmail. If you want to edit a design you should do it in Chamaileon by duplicating the email, editing it and then using ''Sync option''.
Some important information
The Sync function works the same way as the generate HTML. Every sync counts as one export, so if you are on a limited export plan, use it cautiously.
Here is how you can directly sync your email template from Chamaileon:
Firstly, you need to create a Bronto integration in Chamaileon.
Here is how you can do that:
- In your Bronto account, go to Settings => Platform Settings => Data Exchange => Soap API Access Token. Click on Add Access Token, name the Token, enable all permissions, then save. Finally, you can copy your API token from the black box.
- In the ''Integrations'' tab in Chamaileon, chopse ''Bronto'', name your integration and paste the API token you copied from Bronto.
3. Next, go back to your emails and when you hover over the email that you want to sync, click ''Sync to''. Choose the integration (under the name you have saved it under your ''Integrations'' tab, add a subject/preview line and choose the email list you want to send it to. Click ''Sync now'' when you are ready. Your email will appear in Bronto in the ''Messages Dashboard''.
Here is a video tutorial:
Here is how you can integrate Chamaileon with MiniCRM:
Go to your workspace menu and select ''Integrations''. Choose MiniCRM.
Connect to your MiniCRM account using an API key. Generate a key in MiniCRM at System settings and paste it below.
To create API key, go to the Settings > System page and click on the Create new API key button. If you have already created a key, here you can generate a new one later or delete the existing one.
Make sure to generate it under ''Chamaileon API key''.
Copy the generated API key.
Go back to Chamaileon and paste it.
When you go back to your email which you want to sync to MiniCRM, hover over the email card and click ''Sync to''.
Choose the MiniCRM integration, subject line, preview text and the folder where you want your email template to appear to.
When you've done that, click ''Sync now''.
You can go to MiniCRM now and your email will appear in the folder which you chose.
Let us know if you have any questions!